KFH-Bahrain backs children’s health unit
Manama, July 13, 2011
Kuwait Finance House (KFH), a leading Bahrain-based based financial institution, raised more than BD42,000 ($114,000) for children's health facilities through a special walkathon.
The 'Walk for a Child' event was held by KFH's Ahl Al Ata'a (donors) network and attracted around 50 participants.
KFH management and employees, representatives of its subsidiaries, families and friends as well as members of the public took part in the event.
Donations to the fund were collected through the entry fee of BD2 per person and participants' individual sponsorship.
The money was presented to representatives from Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC)'s children's wards and the Al Wafa Centre for Autistic Children.
"We are delighted with the high turnout and the number of individuals showing their support," said KFH financial control and administration head Yousif Al Hammadi.
"Occasions such as these allow people from all walks of life to demonstrate their solidarity with an important cause. Since its inception in 2002, KFH has been involved in charity activities and this walk is one of our initiatives to serve the community.”
"We believe that every organisation has a role to play in the community, especially when it comes to critical issues of health. Everyone has the right to good health and we should all work towards achieving this goal with all available means,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm