UAE receives 1st Pratt & Whitney airlifter
Paris, June 27, 2011
The UAE Air Force recently received its first C-17 Globemaster III, powered exclusively by four Pratt & Whitney F117 engines.
The UAE Air Force is slated to receive a total of six C-17s by 2012. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp company.
"We are proud to power the C-17s being purchased by the UAE," said Bev Deachin, vice president, military programs and customer support at Pratt & Whitney. "We are confident the UAE Air Force will benefit from the outstanding airlift capability of the C-17."
The C-17 Globemaster III – the world's premier heavy airlifter – is powered by four F117 engines. With more than 8 million hours of proven military service and 45 million hours in commercial use, the F117/PW2037 has consistently proven itself as a world-class dependable engine.
Pratt & Whitney's ongoing investment in product improvements has enabled the engine to continuously surpass established goals for time on wing, in-flight shut downs and support turnaround time.
Pratt & Whitney has delivered more than 1,070 F117 engines worldwide.
The US Air Force – including active National Guard and Reserve units – has taken delivery of 210 C-17s. In addition to the UAE Air Force, other international customers include the UK’s Royal Air Force, the Qatar Emiri Air Force, the Canadian Forces Air Command, the Royal Australian Air Force, and the 12-member Strategic Airlift Capability initiative of Nato and Partnership for Peace nations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan