Danube to host fashion show
Dubai, June 22, 2011
Danube Buildmart, the retail arm of leading building materials supplier Danube, will host a unique fashion show at Ibn Battuta Mall in support of ‘Saathi,’ a community initiative for persons with disabilities in the UAE and India.
The event, which is being held on Thursday in partnership with the Juhi Yasmeen Khan (JYK) Fashion House, aims to raise awareness and funds for Saathi’s continuing initiatives and programs for persons with disabilities in the UAE and India.
The evening promises to be a night of glitz and glamour with the launch of the latest summer collection from JYK incorporating the newest products from Danube Buildmart, said a statement from Danube.
Attendees for the evening are also set to receive special Danube Gift Baskets and discount vouchers while one lucky guest will win a surprise gift, which will be raffled off as part of the evening’s program.
Saathi was established in 2009 under the patronage of the Consulate General’s Office of India in Dubai. Sanjay Verma, CG of India to Dubai, and his wife, Sangeeta Matta Verma, a noted supporter and patron of Saathi, will also be at the show.
“Over the last two years, Saathi has launched and implemented key programs and initiatives for families and people with disabilities here in the UAE. They have gone a long way in boosting the morale, raising awareness and championing the cause of the disabled,” said Rizwan Sajan, chairman, Danube.
“This event not only aims to raise funds for Saathi’s various programs and initiatives but also aims to help increase the awareness on the plight of individuals with disabilities and show how we can help them," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion