DHL creates garden for children
Manama, June 21, 2011
DHL Express, a division of Deutsche Post providing international express mail services, marked World Environment Day by planting a garden at Saudi-Bahraini Society for the Blind in Manama.
Twenty-six Bahrain-based DHL employees with staff from Nass Landscapes helped create the garden in the children's courtyard to enhance a peaceful learning environment.
The outreach project was initiated by DHL infrastructure manager Helen Edwards. "Everyone worked hard to make this garden a special place for the children to enjoy," she said.
A commemorative palm tree was also planted at the DHL hub in Muharraq at an event attended by DHL Express Bahrain general manager Stephen Duff, who sponsored the day.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Malaysia's Dr Mahmood receives Isa Award
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork