DHL creates garden for children
Manama, June 21, 2011
DHL Express, a division of Deutsche Post providing international express mail services, marked World Environment Day by planting a garden at Saudi-Bahraini Society for the Blind in Manama.
Twenty-six Bahrain-based DHL employees with staff from Nass Landscapes helped create the garden in the children's courtyard to enhance a peaceful learning environment.
The outreach project was initiated by DHL infrastructure manager Helen Edwards. "Everyone worked hard to make this garden a special place for the children to enjoy," she said.
A commemorative palm tree was also planted at the DHL hub in Muharraq at an event attended by DHL Express Bahrain general manager Stephen Duff, who sponsored the day.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers