Dubai Culture appoints Niftee to design gifts
Dubai, June 13, 2011
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) has commissioned Niftee, a brand owned by Emirati artist Aljoud Lootah, to design silk scarves and tote bags as gift items by the organisation.
Niftee designed cashmere silk scarves and tote bags featuring Arabic motifs inspired by the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards.
The design comprises a swirled, paisley pattern that depicts a quote from HRH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, which states that the “patrons are the driving force behind the arts and the catalyst for cultural renaissance.”
Commissioning Niftee complements the Authority’s commitment to encourage original content creation by Emirati artists, a statement said.
Established in 2007, Niftee’s collection uses traditional embroidery and modern illustration with a spectrum of exotic colours to design women’s and menswear, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase