Dubai Culture appoints Niftee to design gifts
Dubai, June 13, 2011
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) has commissioned Niftee, a brand owned by Emirati artist Aljoud Lootah, to design silk scarves and tote bags as gift items by the organisation.
Niftee designed cashmere silk scarves and tote bags featuring Arabic motifs inspired by the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards.
The design comprises a swirled, paisley pattern that depicts a quote from HRH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, which states that the “patrons are the driving force behind the arts and the catalyst for cultural renaissance.”
Commissioning Niftee complements the Authority’s commitment to encourage original content creation by Emirati artists, a statement said.
Established in 2007, Niftee’s collection uses traditional embroidery and modern illustration with a spectrum of exotic colours to design women’s and menswear, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract