UAE eyes $100 million defence deal
Dubai, May 31, 2011
The US Defence Department said the UAE is seeking $100 million (BD37.8 million) worth of supplies and maintenance services for its fleet of F-16 fighters, according to a report in our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News (GDN).
The Pentagon’s Defence Security Co-operation Agency said last week it notified Congress of the deal on May 24.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon