UAE eyes $100 million defence deal
Dubai, May 31, 2011
The US Defence Department said the UAE is seeking $100 million (BD37.8 million) worth of supplies and maintenance services for its fleet of F-16 fighters, according to a report in our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News (GDN).
The Pentagon’s Defence Security Co-operation Agency said last week it notified Congress of the deal on May 24.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan