Disruption in OSN service after small fire
Dubai, May 29, 2011
Orbit Showtime Network (OSN), in association with du, has advised OSN subscribers that an incident at the OSN broadcast centre in Dubai resulted in a small fire, with no injury to staff or facilities.
“However, a subsequent power failure has resulted in some channels not being broadcast as per the schedules. Work continues to restore the full service as soon as possible,” a statement said.
Forty-four channels, together with all free-to-air channels, are broadcasting as normal, it said.
“The remaining channels are currently broadcasting unscheduled material while we work to return them to normal broadcast. OSN and du are addressing the situation with urgency and customers are advised to check the following sources for regular updates: www.osnetwork.com or on OSN call centre numbers,” the statement said.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn