Disruption in OSN service after small fire
Dubai, May 29, 2011
Orbit Showtime Network (OSN), in association with du, has advised OSN subscribers that an incident at the OSN broadcast centre in Dubai resulted in a small fire, with no injury to staff or facilities.
“However, a subsequent power failure has resulted in some channels not being broadcast as per the schedules. Work continues to restore the full service as soon as possible,” a statement said.
Forty-four channels, together with all free-to-air channels, are broadcasting as normal, it said.
“The remaining channels are currently broadcasting unscheduled material while we work to return them to normal broadcast. OSN and du are addressing the situation with urgency and customers are advised to check the following sources for regular updates: www.osnetwork.com or on OSN call centre numbers,” the statement said.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan