Zayed Future Energy Prize money increased
Abu Dhabi, May 23, 2011
Zayed Future Energy Prize, the leading award for innovation in renewable and sustainable energy, has announced new categories for the 2012 competition and an increased prize purse of $4 million.
Competition guidelines and registration can be found at www.ZayedFutureEnergyPrize.com.
“The Zayed Future Energy Prize is the largest energy prize of its kind to reward ground-breaking solutions to the impending threats of climate change and energy security,” said Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, director general of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
“By honouring global innovators who are solving our greatest energy challenges, we aspire to educate and inspire future leaders and innovators, while ensuring clean, sustainable energy for future generations.”
Changes in the 2012 competition include:
- increasing the total prize fund from $2.2 million to $4 million
- adding three new awards in the SME/NGO category
- initiating a new recognition prize for large corporations
- developing a new international education competition for high schools, reflecting a major focus on education
Nominations for the 2012 Prize will be accepted through August 22 and submissions through September 19. Winners will be announced January 17, 2012, in an award ceremony in Abu Dhabi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Qatar 'interested in Eurofighter, Rafale jets'
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan