Saudi names new military chief
Riyadh, May 21, 2011
Saudi Arabia has appointed General Hussein bin Abdullah Al Qubail as the new chief of the Kingdom's armed forces, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
General Saleh Al Mohaya has been retired and his deputy, General Hussein will succeed him, the agency said in a statement on Friday. The report added that General Khaled bin Bander bin Abdelaziz Al Saud has been promoted to head the army.
In another development, the government dismissed the president of the administrative court, Shaikh Ibrahim Al Haqil, and the deputy minister of higher education, Ali Al Attiya, without giving reasons.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village