Emirates Post releases stamps on GCC summit
Abu Dhabi, May 8, 2011
Emirates Post said it has issued special stamps to commemorate the 31st summit of the GCC Supreme Council, which was held in December last year at Abu Dhabi.
The framed stamps, featuring images of leaders from the GCC countries, were presented to Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs, at his office, during a special presentation ceremony held recently.
The frame of stamps was presented to Sheikh Abdullah by a delegation of Emirates Post Group led by Fahad Al Hosani, acting president of Emirates Post Group, in the presence of Sheikha Al Ameri, head of Postal Museum Section, Emirates Post and Eman Al Khaja, director of Marketing at Emirates Post.
Sheikh Abdullah lauded Emirates Post’s keenness to support different institutions as a federal organisation committed to highlighting the progress and historical achievements of the country.
Al Hosni said the new commemorative stamps portray the images of GCC leaders.
The stamps have been issued in denomination of 150 Fils, along with a first day cover of Dh10. “Issuing such stamps is one of the ways in which Emirates Post contributes to highlighting various key events besides demonstrating its commitment to promoting Arab culture,” said Al Hosni.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey