RAK Ceramics wins CSR award
Dubai, April 19, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles and bathware manufacturer, was recently awarded the ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award at a major business summit in Dubai.
The company was recognised for its long-term commitment to various environmental and social causes at the second Middle East Business Leaders Summit & Awards (MEBLSA) at the Armani Hotel.
In the same event, Dr Khater Massaad, CEO of RAK Ceramics, was recognised as Masterclass Global CEO.
“The recognition I received is testament to the dedication and efforts of the entire team at RAK Ceramics, and I believe that it is their ongoing contribution that has enabled us to sustain our status as the world’s largest ceramics tiles manufacturer,” said Dr Massaad.
“On the other hand, for a company which incorporates CSR as an integral part of its business strategy, winning the ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award underlines our strong commitment to enhance the quality of life and be of service to various causes and social groups in Ras Al Khaimah and the rest of the UAE.”
RAK Ceramics has invested aggressively to introduce products that are friendly to the environment, while it has also implemented energy-efficient technologies and techniques and has adopted recycling, reuse and waste management systems to further enhance the sustainable upkeep of its facilities, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm