NYIT discusses women’s role in political change
Amman, March 28, 2011
Amman - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) held a panel for distinguished female politicians and social activists, discussing Arab women’s role in the recent political events unfolding in the region.
Several renowned social researchers and notable Jordanian, female executives participated in the panel supervised by Jordanian Senator Dr Amal El Farhan and NYIT’s Dr Jacqueline Taylor Basker.
The event was attended by the first women Attorney General in Jordan, Ihsan Barakat, Jordanian attorney and NEH Fellow at ACOR, Reem Abu Hassan Obeidat, and Fida Adely, professor of Arab Studies at Georgetown University.
Adely presented her research on the Jordanian society’s diversified views on social issues such as marriage, education, work, and family.
Dr Taylor exhibited artwork of women artists who participated in the International Symposium of Art during a previous Jordan Festival, which was directed by the Jordanian artist Hilda Hiary. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced