NYIT discusses women’s role in political change
Amman, March 28, 2011
Amman - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) held a panel for distinguished female politicians and social activists, discussing Arab women’s role in the recent political events unfolding in the region.
Several renowned social researchers and notable Jordanian, female executives participated in the panel supervised by Jordanian Senator Dr Amal El Farhan and NYIT’s Dr Jacqueline Taylor Basker.
The event was attended by the first women Attorney General in Jordan, Ihsan Barakat, Jordanian attorney and NEH Fellow at ACOR, Reem Abu Hassan Obeidat, and Fida Adely, professor of Arab Studies at Georgetown University.
Adely presented her research on the Jordanian society’s diversified views on social issues such as marriage, education, work, and family.
Dr Taylor exhibited artwork of women artists who participated in the International Symposium of Art during a previous Jordan Festival, which was directed by the Jordanian artist Hilda Hiary. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement