Hilton Worldwide to observe Earth Hour
McLean, March 24, 2011
Hilton Worldwide and its portfolio of 10 distinct hotel brands will observe Earth Hour 2011 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm local time March 26 by turning off their lights in support of energy conservation.
Earth Hour will be recognized at thousands of hotels in Hilton Worldwide’s portfolio of brands including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations, a statement said.
“As a global company with more than 3,600 hotels in 82 countries, Hilton Worldwide is always looking for ways to reduce energy consumption,” said Paul Brown, president of Global Brands & Commercial Services, Hilton Worldwide.
“We intend to make a big difference through our sustainable actions, and Earth Hour is a unique opportunity for the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands to show its continued commitment to this important effort.”
Earth Hour will be celebrated across the company’s brands and regions through a variety of activities including:
• Switching off main building exterior lighting and rooftop neon signage
• Shutting down business center equipment
• Dimming interior lights in lobby and reception area
• Encouraging guests to switch off their room lights
• Staging special candle-lit dinners and events to raise awareness
- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced