Sheikh Mohammed to present top award
Dubai, March 13, 2011
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai will present awards to the winners of the Zayed International Prize for the Environment 2011 tomorrow (March 14).
The event will be held at the Rashid Hall of the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The winners share $1 million in prize money.
A statement from the award committee said that the jury decided that the achievements of the prize winners fulfill the objectives of the Zayed Prize, in line with the philosophy of the late Sheikh Zayed and the vision of Sheikh Mohammed, the founder and patron.
The award ceremony will be attended by environment ministers from different parts of the world, heads of regional and international organisations and VIPs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking