Dolby powers Oscar nominees
San Francisco, February 26, 2011
All Oscar-nominated films in the achievement in sound editing and achievement in Sound Mixing categories were released with Dolby audio technologies, a senior official said.
"For four decades Dolby has worked alongside the masters of audio to deliver the necessary tools to create an immersing moviegoing experience for the audience," said David Gray, vice president, worldwide production services, Dolby Laboratories.
"Once again, Dolby congratulates the nominees and expresses its sincere appreciation for its continued partnership as we strive to establish future audio innovations to enrich the cinematic landscape."
This marks the 33rd consecutive year that films released with Dolby audio technologies have earned Academy Award nominations for outstanding sound quality, a statement said.
Recognized as the de facto standard for high-quality audio in cinema, Dolby's audio technologies- including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, and the newly released Dolby Surround 7.1 format-have dramatically enhanced the moviegoing experience, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking