UAE Air Force, Horizon ink pilot training deal
Dubai, February 22, 2011
The UAE Air Force and Horizon International Flight Academy, a leading flight training institution in the Middle East, have signed an agreement to train 16 pilots at the Al Ain based pilot training centre.
The 16 cadets will be enrolled for the Frozen Air Transport Pilot License, an 18-month course that will see them cover approximately 900 hours of theoretical knowledge and 205 hours flying. All the training will be provided at the academy’s premises in Al Ain.
“We are pleased to announce this deal with the UAE Air Force, it further solidifies our position as the region’s premier flight training organization,” said Mansour Al Faheem, general manager, Horizon, which is owned by Mubadala Development Company.
“Horizon was established with the sole purpose of providing support to the local defence forces, we continue to meet this mandate by continually expanding our training portfolio to meet the needs of the defense sector,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village