Dubai Culture backs film festival
Dubai, December 15, 2010
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), the Emirate’s dedicated authority for culture, arts, and heritage, has backed the seventh Dubai International Film Festival.
Saeed Al Nabouda, acting director general, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, said: “A powerful medium of cultural expression, the film industry of Dubai is fast-evolving. The Dubai International Film Festival has created a groundswell of interest in filmmaking, promoted local content creation, and has stimulated the development of the cultural scene of Dubai. Most importantly, the festival highlights the spirit of patronage that thrives in Dubai for culture and the arts.”
In line with the vision of its pioneering initiative, the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards, Dubai Culture encourages patrons, the heroes behind-the-scenes, to contribute towards the thriving film industry. Whether through financial or in-kind, Dubai Culture believes patronage is the stepping stone that will foster the growth of a dynamic local film industry.
The seventh edition of Dubai International Film Festival 2010 will be held from December 12 to 19.
DIFF 2010 box office locations are: Cinestar Mall of the Emirates, Madinat Souk, the CNN Building in Dubai Media City and The Walk at JBR. Tickets can also be purchased through DIFF’s Dial-a-Ticket service at (04) 391 3378 and from the website www.dubaifilmfest.com –TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse