Dubai Culture backs film festival
Dubai, December 15, 2010
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), the Emirate’s dedicated authority for culture, arts, and heritage, has backed the seventh Dubai International Film Festival.
Saeed Al Nabouda, acting director general, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, said: “A powerful medium of cultural expression, the film industry of Dubai is fast-evolving. The Dubai International Film Festival has created a groundswell of interest in filmmaking, promoted local content creation, and has stimulated the development of the cultural scene of Dubai. Most importantly, the festival highlights the spirit of patronage that thrives in Dubai for culture and the arts.”
In line with the vision of its pioneering initiative, the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards, Dubai Culture encourages patrons, the heroes behind-the-scenes, to contribute towards the thriving film industry. Whether through financial or in-kind, Dubai Culture believes patronage is the stepping stone that will foster the growth of a dynamic local film industry.
The seventh edition of Dubai International Film Festival 2010 will be held from December 12 to 19.
DIFF 2010 box office locations are: Cinestar Mall of the Emirates, Madinat Souk, the CNN Building in Dubai Media City and The Walk at JBR. Tickets can also be purchased through DIFF’s Dial-a-Ticket service at (04) 391 3378 and from the website www.dubaifilmfest.com –TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan