R&M offers help to flood victims
Dubai, December 9, 2010
Reichle & De-Massari (R&M), a Swiss cabling specialist and one of Switzerland’s 500 largest companies, has made a donation of $8,000 to the Pakistani flood victims as part of the company’s corporate social responsibility role.
R&M was motivated to contribute to the global aid move to help and support the families and individuals whose lives have been affected by the devastating floods, said a statement.
R&M’s became aware of the millions in Pakistan who need clean water, sanitation, food, housing and medical care, and rushed to offer contribution from each employee in the company, it said.
As a family run business, the Swiss cabling specialist takes its corporate social responsibility role seriously and actively participates in a number of initiatives around the world.
Recently, the company issued its first Corporate Social Responsibility Report, a pioneering move for its industry. R&M’s CSR report describes its commitment to acting fairly, responsibly, and in a sustainable manner, it said. -TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm