Sheikh Mohammed tours equine sports fair
Dubai, December 2, 2010
HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, recently toured Al Fares 2010, the international equine sports fair.
“This show comes at a time Dubai has completed most of its world-class infrastructure across diverse sectors,” said Sheikh Hasher Bin Juma Al Maktoum, director general, Dubai Department of Information, who had earlier inaugurated the event at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
“The Al Fares show has registered an increase of 15 per cent compared to the previous edition, with more than 200 companies from 25 countries taking part. Dubai is on par with advanced countries in terms of hosting world class events. The import of equestrian products is growing year after year,” he added.
The show came at a time when races are increasing, including endurance, flat races and show jumping. Also, there are a variety of private and public clubs in the UAE.
Satish Khanna, general manager, Al Fajer Information and Services added: “Al Fares is growing year after year because more international companies, especially from Germany, UK, France, Italy, Australia and the USA are foraying into the UAE.”
Al Fares Dubai 2010 highlighted new products and services for horses and riders. The expo saw horse owners, trainers, chiefs of the equine industry, renowned jockeys, polo professionals and horse lovers from across the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract