Dohaland wins Arabian Business CSR award
Doha, September 28, 2010
Dohaland was awarded the prestigious Arabian Business ‘Special Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award’ at the inaugural Arabian Business Qatar Awards 2010.
A panel of leading editorial and industry judges bestowed the award on Dohaland for their outstanding and continuing social contributions to the Qatari community which included numerous social initiatives in the fields of sustainability, environment, heritage, community interaction and youth development.
“Our various initiatives are an extension of our dedication to our core values of sustainability, heritage, promoting knowledge sharing and community interaction,' stated Issa M Al Mohannadi, CEO of Dohaland.
Using art as a catalyst, Dohaland was able to engage 58 schools with over 3000 children between the ages of 8 and 14, drawing, sketching/ painting their ideas of the city of their dreams.
A year-old Dohaland CSR commitment, the Future Affiliate Club was initiated to open channels of communication with the youth, offering them the prospect of working with Dohaland, providing an opportunity to prepare for their future roles as Qatari leaders.
Launched in January 2010, the floating wonder ‘Knowledge Enrichment Centre’, moored off Doha Corniche, is a long-term endowment providing the community with an avenue to learn and enhance their experiences through thematic workshops, gallery space with exhibits that focus on the Qatari heritage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role