OSN's new receiver offers 'on demand' service
Dubai, September 5, 2010
OSN (Orbit Showtime Network) has launched its state-of-the-art HD and satellite DVR receiver, the “OSN Showbox HD”, featuring OSN On Demand services.
The service offers, for the first time in the Middle East and at the touch of a button, viewers the option to watch over 1,000 movies and over 52 latest seasons of the top series in full HD quality and Dolby Digital sound.
With the OSN Showbox HD, subscribers can now watch what they want when they want from a list of over 35 HD movies and over 40 episodes of the most popular series at any one point. With the OSN Showbox HD subscribers won’t have to miss any of their favourite shows, said a statement.
In addition to OSN On Demand services, the OSN Showbox HD DVR comes with a range of new features including:
• The ability to switch subtitles on and off on all HD channels.
• Eight-day interactive TV Guide allowing viewers to book multiple recordings eight days in advance, the ability to record two shows and watch a 3rd simultaneously and the option to record all episodes of a favourite series at the touch of a button.
• All basic DVR features such as rewind, forward, play pause and record 100’s of hours of HD TV entertainment.
OSN has exclusive deals with all of the major studios including Warner Brothers, Paramount, Fox, Disney, Sony, MGM, Universal and DreamWorks that allows OSN to premiere the most recent Hollywood blockbusters including Toy Story 3, Robin Hood, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Invictus - all in high definition.
Marc-Antoine d’Halluin, president and CEO of OSN said: “We already have over 120,000 HD subscribers enjoying over 12 exclusive HD channels and we expect to deploy over 75,000 OSN Showbox HD DVRs by the end of 2010. We are unaware of any other service provider in the world who can rival our premium line-up of entertainment on our new OSN Showbox HD DVR. This launch will change the way our subscribers experience TV. By pressing the red button on the OSN Showbox remote control, OSN subscribers enter a whole new world of entertainment at their convenience.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack