Canon wins 6 achievement awards
Dubai, July 20, 2010
Canon, the world leader in imaging solutions, recently won six Outstanding Achievement awards from UK-based testing and research organisation Buyers Laboratory (BLI).
Canon was recognised across its range of scanners and printers including the imageFormula, imageRunner, imageRunner Advance and i-Sensys models at BLI’s Summer 2010 Pick Awards.
Four Canon devices earned five-star ratings in BLI’s environmental test reports, and were presented with Outstanding Achievement awards for energy efficiency at this year’s event.
BLI found the projected annual energy consumption and costs for the i-Sensys MF8350Cdn were the lowest compared with models in its range.
In addition, annual energy consumption for all four models was found to be significantly lower than the average based on BLI’s real-world testing, according to a statement.
“For many consumers today, energy efficiency is just as important as productivity and reliability,” said David Sweetnam, BLI’s European research and lab manager.
“The key factor in the imageRunner Advance C5035i’s environmental performance was its very low sleep-mode energy usage, resulting in significant projected annual energy savings.”
“This is further boosted by the model’s ability to come out of deep sleep mode to conduct a print job then drop immediately back into deep sleep mode after the job has been completed,” Sweetnam added.
Nicholas van Santen, B2B marketing manager, Canon Middle East, said: “Canon is committed to helping its business customers work more productively and with improved energy efficiency.”
“To be recognised by BLI for six Summer Pick awards is a fantastic achievement that illustrates the real commitment of Canon to energy efficient office products to help our customers consume less energy, thus saving money and improving their own environmental credentials.”
The newly launched Canon imageFormula P-150 portable scanner won the Outstanding Mobile Scanner “Pick” award.
BLI test technician Joe Ellerman said, “The Canon imageFormula P-150 is very easy to use and offers a smaller than average footprint than those of other ADF-equipped mobile scanners tested.”
Canon’s CaptureOnTouch scanning software, bundled with the imageFormula P-150 and imageFormula DR-2020U, was also recognised by BLI for its simple design and intuitive layout. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’