Star Plus to show IIFA events this month
Dubai, July 5, 2010
The star-studded International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards and events, which were held in Colombo in June, will be telecast by Star Plus this month.
The 3-day extravaganza played host to the Indian film industry, the corporate world, dignitaries from India and the region, world media and Indian Cinema fans from across the globe.
The IIFA Weekend, was shown across the Middle East on July 4 exclusively on Star Plus. The 3-day IIFA Weekend has been carefully divided into a 3-week extravaganza for its Middle East audiences. The IIFA Curtain raiser was telecast on July 4 followed by the IIFA Weekend with the Stars which will be shown on July 10 at 4.30 pm.
The ultimate in glitz, glamour & stars, the IIFA Awards will be televised on July 18 starting 6.30 pm.
With IIFA into its second decade of celebrations the Awards night was hosted by the talented trio of Boman Irani, Riteish Deshmukh and Lara Dutta and was doused in a series of honours, entertainment and laughs.
The show featured acts by Lanka’s maiden child, Jacqueline Fernandez.
Other Bollywood stars who performed during the event included Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Vivek Oberoi and Hrithik Roshan.
The IIFA Weekend and Awards 2010 was produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment and the Sri Lankan Tourism Promotion Bureau (SLTPB).-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course
- Saudi arrested in US after 'false' statement
- Hansgrohe revenue rises 5.4pc to $1bn in 2012
- Carlyle Group buys stake in Jordan’s Al Nabil