Star Plus to show IIFA events this month
Dubai, July 5, 2010
The star-studded International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards and events, which were held in Colombo in June, will be telecast by Star Plus this month.
The 3-day extravaganza played host to the Indian film industry, the corporate world, dignitaries from India and the region, world media and Indian Cinema fans from across the globe.
The IIFA Weekend, was shown across the Middle East on July 4 exclusively on Star Plus. The 3-day IIFA Weekend has been carefully divided into a 3-week extravaganza for its Middle East audiences. The IIFA Curtain raiser was telecast on July 4 followed by the IIFA Weekend with the Stars which will be shown on July 10 at 4.30 pm.
The ultimate in glitz, glamour & stars, the IIFA Awards will be televised on July 18 starting 6.30 pm.
With IIFA into its second decade of celebrations the Awards night was hosted by the talented trio of Boman Irani, Riteish Deshmukh and Lara Dutta and was doused in a series of honours, entertainment and laughs.
The show featured acts by Lanka’s maiden child, Jacqueline Fernandez.
Other Bollywood stars who performed during the event included Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Vivek Oberoi and Hrithik Roshan.
The IIFA Weekend and Awards 2010 was produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment and the Sri Lankan Tourism Promotion Bureau (SLTPB).-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack