Star Plus to show IIFA events this month
Dubai, July 5, 2010
The star-studded International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards and events, which were held in Colombo in June, will be telecast by Star Plus this month.
The 3-day extravaganza played host to the Indian film industry, the corporate world, dignitaries from India and the region, world media and Indian Cinema fans from across the globe.
The IIFA Weekend, was shown across the Middle East on July 4 exclusively on Star Plus. The 3-day IIFA Weekend has been carefully divided into a 3-week extravaganza for its Middle East audiences. The IIFA Curtain raiser was telecast on July 4 followed by the IIFA Weekend with the Stars which will be shown on July 10 at 4.30 pm.
The ultimate in glitz, glamour & stars, the IIFA Awards will be televised on July 18 starting 6.30 pm.
With IIFA into its second decade of celebrations the Awards night was hosted by the talented trio of Boman Irani, Riteish Deshmukh and Lara Dutta and was doused in a series of honours, entertainment and laughs.
The show featured acts by Lanka’s maiden child, Jacqueline Fernandez.
Other Bollywood stars who performed during the event included Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Vivek Oberoi and Hrithik Roshan.
The IIFA Weekend and Awards 2010 was produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment and the Sri Lankan Tourism Promotion Bureau (SLTPB).-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role