Egyptian juice maker plans IPO
Cairo, April 13, 2010
Egyptian dairy goods and juice maker Juhayna Food Industries is considering an initial public offering and is now working with investment bank EFG-Hermes in this regard, said a report
Juhayna is one of several firms considering an IPO on the Egyptian Exchange, where shares have surged to their highest levels since September 2008, recovering from the global credit crunch. The last IPO on the Egyptian bourse was in mid-2008.
"The offering and its value are still being studied as market conditions improve," Al-Borsa quoted chairman Safwan Sabet as saying.
Egypt's Juhayna Food Industries has a paid-up capital of 520.4 million Egyptian pounds and exports its goods to over 48 countries, Al-Borsa said.
The firm is Egypt's leader in the packaged dairy goods sector with 65 percent market share, the paper said, adding that Juhayna posted 2009 revenues of 572.8 million pounds.
"The firm received initial approval to become a holding company within six months," al-Borsa said.
Juhayna Food Industries includes six firms working in making and packaging milk, dairy products and juices, as well as agricultural development, al-Borsa said. Juhayna's clients include McDonald's Corp, the firm's website added.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role