Egyptian juice maker plans IPO
Cairo, April 13, 2010
Egyptian dairy goods and juice maker Juhayna Food Industries is considering an initial public offering and is now working with investment bank EFG-Hermes in this regard, said a report
Juhayna is one of several firms considering an IPO on the Egyptian Exchange, where shares have surged to their highest levels since September 2008, recovering from the global credit crunch. The last IPO on the Egyptian bourse was in mid-2008.
"The offering and its value are still being studied as market conditions improve," Al-Borsa quoted chairman Safwan Sabet as saying.
Egypt's Juhayna Food Industries has a paid-up capital of 520.4 million Egyptian pounds and exports its goods to over 48 countries, Al-Borsa said.
The firm is Egypt's leader in the packaged dairy goods sector with 65 percent market share, the paper said, adding that Juhayna posted 2009 revenues of 572.8 million pounds.
"The firm received initial approval to become a holding company within six months," al-Borsa said.
Juhayna Food Industries includes six firms working in making and packaging milk, dairy products and juices, as well as agricultural development, al-Borsa said. Juhayna's clients include McDonald's Corp, the firm's website added.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants