Adnec expands into events ticketing
Abu Dhabi, March 30, 2010
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) announced that it will sell tickets for public events through a state-of-the-art ticketing operation accessible to over 35,000 travel agents.
“Adnec's objective is to create a compelling and varied year-round, programme of entertainment events that will attract audiences of all ages and cultural backgrounds, both from within and from outside the GCC region,” said Simon Horgan, Adnec Group CEO.
The Adnec ticketing operation will use some of the most advanced ticket selling software ever developed. The system is capable of selling up to 100,000 tickets per hour and can be accessed by 35,800 travel agents and tour operators in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
These travel agents will be able to package tickets for events in Abu Dhabi at the point of sale, to in-bound travellers, thus providing significant benefits to Abu Dhabi’s tourism industry.
Construction work is well underway on a ticket retail outlet at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. Also, a website for online ticketing will be launched shortly, said Horgan.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan