Nestle to share food safety secrets
Dubai, February 22, 2010
The officials of Nestle Middle East will share the company's best practices and industry-leading quality standards at the Food Safety Conference being held on the sidelines of the Gulfood expo in Dubai.
The conference will address several important topics pertaining to food safety such as quality assurance, regulatory compliance and food labeling, among others.
The Nestlé team will address a gathering - which includes delegates of regional regulatory and food control bodies as well as leading industry professionals – on the company’s pioneering initiatives in the fields of quality management and nutrition labeling.
“This is a great opportunity for us to share our best practices and industry-leading quality standards,” said Dr. Hassan Bayrakdar, Corporate Regulatory Affairs Manager, Nestlé Middle East.
“Food safety is a key public health issue that calls for concerted action from all stakeholders, and Nestlé is pleased to share its international expertise in this field and extend its support to governmental efforts to safeguard public health interests,” he noted.
Beat Stettler, Quality System Manager at Nestlé Middle East, will give a presentation at the conference on the topic ‘Ensuring Reliability of Third Party Audits’, offering a glimpse into Nestlé’s stringent quality management system.
“Nestlé applies a comprehensive, process-based quality management system that embraces all aspects of quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance,” Stettler said.
"All manufacturing and business processes across our operations are subject to continuous internal and external audits, in order to ensure product quality and achieve the highest level of consumer trust."
"Also, in the spirit of continuous improvement, we invite teams of experienced auditors to review our processes and procedures and highlight further improvement potential based on the latest industry and business standards,” he added.
Also speaking at the event is Karine Antoniades Turk, Nutrition, Health & Wellness Manager at Nestlé Middle East, whose presentation on ‘Nestlé Initiative for Nutrition Labeling’ will focus on the “Nutritional Compass”, an innovative nutrition labeling panel launched by Nestlé to provide clear and transparent nutrition facts and information.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack