Hershey plans $17bn Cadbury bid
Philadelphia, November 21, 2009
US chocolate maker Hershey Company is considering launching a bid of at least $17 billion for British chocolatier Cadbury in an effort to outstrip a hostile offer by Kraft Foods, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Hershey, which is still considering a joint bid with Italy's Ferrero, lined up deal financing from Bank of America and JP Morgan, said the source, who declined to be named because he was not authorized to speak with the media.
JPMorgan declined to comment. Bank of America and Hershey could not be immediately reached for comment.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm