Hershey plans $17bn Cadbury bid
Philadelphia, November 21, 2009
US chocolate maker Hershey Company is considering launching a bid of at least $17 billion for British chocolatier Cadbury in an effort to outstrip a hostile offer by Kraft Foods, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Hershey, which is still considering a joint bid with Italy's Ferrero, lined up deal financing from Bank of America and JP Morgan, said the source, who declined to be named because he was not authorized to speak with the media.
JPMorgan declined to comment. Bank of America and Hershey could not be immediately reached for comment.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced