Jacky’s-Intel gaming contest pulls 100
Dubai, April 26, 2009
Jacky’s Electronics, one of UAE's leading electronics retailers, and Intel Corporation recently organised their Gaming Competition Season 3, which attracted more than 100 gaming enthusiasts.
The contest was held with the support of Sky Electronics & Pluto Games at the Jacky’s Electronics Dubai Mall outlet.
PC gamers across all ages had an exceptional PC gaming experience using a desktop computer powered by Intel Core i7 Processor - the fastest processor available in the market.
From the more than 100 participants, they were narrowed down to 34, then 12, then six, then three. And in the final round, only two participants battled it out to become the third season’s gaming champion.
"PC gaming is gaining momentum in the GCC,” said Nassir Nauthoa, Intel regional sales manager for the GCC.
“Intel is proud to join Jacky’s in organising the third season of the gaming competition. Gaming enthusiasts were able to examine the perfect gaming experience Intel processors can deliver.”
The two gamers who eventually qualified for the final round were Zubair Imran, a 27-year old gamer from the UK and Abrar Chohan, an 18-year old gamer from Pakistan.
In the final championship match, Imran emerged victorious.
As the ultimate third season gaming champion, Imran received an Intel Core i7 processor-powered desktop PC while Chohan, as the runner-up, took home an Intel Quad Core processor-powered desktop PC.
All participants received a free PC game. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’