Geospatial summit moves to Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, April 22, 2009
A major annual conference and exhibition on geospatial information, technology and applications will be held for the first time in Abu Dhabi, with a view to broaden regional awareness on geospatial information.
The fifth edition of the specialist event Map Middle East (MME) will run from April 26 to 28 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec).
The event is designed to bring greater knowledge of the role and use of geospatial information for economic growth and regional development. The shift of the event to the capital is timely, as the emirate looks to realise its sustainable urban planning strategy for Abu Dhabi Plan 2030.
As the UAE’s capital considers its urban infrastructure for the next 20 years, Abu Dhabi will heavily rely on accurate geospatial data and innovative technologies.
MME 2009 will thus provide insight into this field to drive forward visionary industry and government developments within Abu Dhabi and across the region.
“Adnec has become famous for huge events such as Idex, Adipec, Cityscape and WFES, but we are also the region’s premier venue for smaller specialist exhibitions and conferences and provide organisers with the space and service for events to grow and develop,” said Sue Howarth, client liaison director, who heads up the division for attracting new events and organisers to the venue.
“I am delighted that the organisers of this important event have chosen Adnec and Abu Dhabi to help develop the show in the future.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’