Dome technology on show at Environment 2009
Abu Dhabi, January 20, 2009
Dome International LLC, one of the leading health, safety and environment (HSE) consultancies in the UAE, is exhibiting at Environment 2009.
Representatives from Dome are available at the environmental exhibition to discuss the new technology and its future applications.
Dome was recently deployed for the Coastal Zone and Waterways Management section of Dubai Municipality, the first HF Radar System for measuring the actual ocean currents along the UAE coast.
The High Frequency (HF) Radar system, produced by Codar Ocean Sensors in California, US, monitors ocean currents and waves off the coast of Dubai. Dome experts predict the system will be a powerful tool for anticipating environmental changes, such as erosion and sedimentation, and protecting the UAE’s coastal environment.
Dome was selected by the Coastal Zone and Waterways Management Section of Dubai Municipality in 2008 to install, maintain, and collect data from this sophisticated equipment.
“Technology is improving rapidly in the UAE and we are happy to discuss the latest advances with the public at this prominent exhibition,” said managing director of Dome Group Talal Ali Daair Al Yafei.
“Although founded only 12 years ago with five employees, Dome is now at the forefront of coastal monitoring in the Middle East. We are proud to be a 100 per cent UAE owned company broadening the services available locally.”
Dome HSE capability consists of a well qualified locally based team, wide range of resources (equipment/software), extensive experience with local industries, and detailed knowledge of applicable local and international laws, regulations, baseline conditions and best practices for the environment.
Dome consultants have extensive experience in environmental assessment of major projects worldwide, in the oil and gas, infrastructure and industrial sectors. They have been responsible for Health, Safety & Environmental Impact Assessment projects for Adnoc Group Companies in the UAE.
Dome also carried out a number of Environmental Impact Assessment studies for private sector infrastructure developers such as Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC), Emaar, Nakheel, Reem Investments, ZonesCorp and Tamouh.
To date, the HSE Division has completed over 300 projects and the Dome Group has over 500 employees located in offices in the UAE, Yemen, and Iraq. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman