Mauritania curbs fish export
Nouakchott, October 2, 2008
Mauritania plans to impose a ban on the export of three varieties of fish following the food crisis in the country, according to a government official.
The bluefish, mullet and meagre have been specially reserved for domestic consumption and will come under the export ban.
The move comes in the wake of record high prices of fish in the local markets, especially the three types which have come under the ban.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan