Mauritania curbs fish export
Nouakchott, October 2, 2008
Mauritania plans to impose a ban on the export of three varieties of fish following the food crisis in the country, according to a government official.
The bluefish, mullet and meagre have been specially reserved for domestic consumption and will come under the export ban.
The move comes in the wake of record high prices of fish in the local markets, especially the three types which have come under the ban.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement