Bahrain to spend $742m on solid waste project
Manama, September 8, 2008
Bahrain has allocated BD280 million ($742.6 million) for a domestic solid waste management project.
Under the 20-year scheme, BD14 million will be allocated annually as part of efforts to deal with solid domestic waste efficiently, using hi-tech equipment in line with global norms.
Municipalities and Agriculture Ministry was instructed by the Cabinet to conduct a feasibility study featuring alternatives to boost municipal resources. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement