Maritime patrol area soon in Gulf of Aden
Manama, August 23, 2008
A Maritime Security Patrol Area (MSPA) will be set up in the Gulf of Aden, it was revealed on Friday.
A force of coalition navy warships and aircraft will patrol the area. Combined Task Force 150 commander Commodore Bob Davidson (Canadian Navy) will lead the forces, said a report on Saturday in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The MSPA is being established in support of the International Maritime Organisation's ongoing efforts to counter destabilising activities in the region, said a statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan