Maritime patrol area soon in Gulf of Aden
Manama, August 23, 2008
A Maritime Security Patrol Area (MSPA) will be set up in the Gulf of Aden, it was revealed on Friday.
A force of coalition navy warships and aircraft will patrol the area. Combined Task Force 150 commander Commodore Bob Davidson (Canadian Navy) will lead the forces, said a report on Saturday in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The MSPA is being established in support of the International Maritime Organisation's ongoing efforts to counter destabilising activities in the region, said a statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse