Palace Hotel wins honours at ‘Emirates Culinaire’
Dubai, March 2, 2008
The Palace Hotel, managed by Sofitel Luxury Hotels, made a strong debut at the Emirates Salon Culinaire which was hosted by Gulf Food’s - one of the world’s leading food, drink, foodservice and hospitality equipment exhibitions.
The food and beverage team of The Palace took part in the competition for the first time since its opening and made an impact by winning an impressive eight medals.
The Palace winners included Danushka Karunarathne who won two gold medals in the categories of ‘Open Showpiece’ and ‘Pastry Showpiece’ and also walked away with three bronze medals in ‘Chocolate Carving Showpiece’, ‘Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving Showpiece’ and the ‘Live Vegetable Carving’ compeition.
Vrushali Jadhav won two silver medals in the ‘Three Tier Wedding cake’ and ‘Five Plated Dessert’ categories. Hiran Jayamanne was rewarded a silver medal for his ‘Five Plated Dessert’.
The Emirate Salon Culinare was a four-day culinary event that includes seminars, competitions and demonstrations that took place from February 24 to 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase