Palace Hotel wins honours at ‘Emirates Culinaire’
Dubai, March 2, 2008
The Palace Hotel, managed by Sofitel Luxury Hotels, made a strong debut at the Emirates Salon Culinaire which was hosted by Gulf Food’s - one of the world’s leading food, drink, foodservice and hospitality equipment exhibitions.
The food and beverage team of The Palace took part in the competition for the first time since its opening and made an impact by winning an impressive eight medals.
The Palace winners included Danushka Karunarathne who won two gold medals in the categories of ‘Open Showpiece’ and ‘Pastry Showpiece’ and also walked away with three bronze medals in ‘Chocolate Carving Showpiece’, ‘Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving Showpiece’ and the ‘Live Vegetable Carving’ compeition.
Vrushali Jadhav won two silver medals in the ‘Three Tier Wedding cake’ and ‘Five Plated Dessert’ categories. Hiran Jayamanne was rewarded a silver medal for his ‘Five Plated Dessert’.
The Emirate Salon Culinare was a four-day culinary event that includes seminars, competitions and demonstrations that took place from February 24 to 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack