A Cirque du Soleil act. Cirque du Soleil COO Tétrault
has been named a member of the authority.
Saudi General Entertainment Authority board named
RIYADH, 21 days ago
Saudi Arabia's cabinet has approved the appointment of the board of the General Entertainment Authority.
Ahmed Aqeel Al Khateeb, chairman of the board of the General Entertainment Authority, said: “This is a significant milestone in the development of the kingdom’s General Entertainment Authority.”
“In addition to the esteemed members of our board who have already made a valuable contribution to country’s public life, we are particularly delighted to welcome international experts who will further help us in our aim of both developing and investing into the burgeoning Saudi entertainment industry,” he said.
“We have made progress in recent months and there will be much more delivery over the next year,” he added.
Amr Al Madani, founder and former chief executive officer of Mishkat Interactive Center for Atomic and Renewable Energy, has also been appointed chief executive officer.
In his new role, Al Madani will be responsible for day-to-day operations and for establishing the General Entertainment Authority as a supporter, promoter and regulator of the entertainment industry across Saudi Arabia.
The members of the board are follows:
1. Dr Majid Abdullah Al Qasabi: Minister of Trade and Investment in Saudi Arabia.
2. Eng Fahad Mohammed Al Jubair: Mayor of Eastern region.
3. Eng Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel: chairman and CEO of Abdul Latif Jameel.
4. Dr Lama Abdulaziz Al Sulaiman: former vice chairwoman and board member of the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce.
5. Eng Mousa Omran AlOmran: general manager of West Bakeries Company and independent director of Al Marai.
6. Bandar Mohammed Assiri: head of general commission for Audio-visual Media.
7. Joe Zenas: chief executive officer at Thinkwell.
8. Jonathan Tétrault: executive vice president and chief operating officer at Cirque du Soleil.
9. Ahmed Aqeel Al Khateeb, chairman of the board of the General Entertainment Authority.
Al Khateeb said: “In line with the goals set out by Vision 2030, we will strive to provide the Saudi people with quality entertainment choices, building and supporting an entertainment sector for everyone in Saudi Arabia.”
“With our board now formally in place, the next step is to move ahead with strategies that help nurture entertainment in all its forms, whilst also seeking to safeguard our precious cultural heritage,” he concluded.
The board will meet quarterly, it stated. – TradeArabia News Service