New marketing director for AP
London, November 4, 2013
The Associated Press has appointed Rachel Woodward, a media executive with extensive experience in film and content marketing, as the new director of marketing for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Woodward takes over from Julia Howe.
The appointment was announced by senior vice president Daisy Veerasingham, who heads up the AP’s video business and to whom Woodward will report. Woodward will join the AP team in London, taking responsibility for driving the company’s international marketing strategy and increasing uptake of products and services in key markets. Communication strategy, product marketing and customer messaging will also fall within Woodward’s remit.
Prior to joining the AP, Woodward was a business strategy consultant working across a range of arts and entertainment clients. Previously, Woodward held a number of senior UK and international film industry roles, including head of home entertainment at Pathé; marketing director, feature films, at Universal Pictures; and international and European marketing manager at 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
“Rachel brings with her a wealth of experience at top media organizations and a proven track record in delivering success,” Veerasingham said. “Rachel’s senior marketing expertise at both European and international level makes her a huge asset to the business.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut