New marketing director for AP
London, November 4, 2013
The Associated Press has appointed Rachel Woodward, a media executive with extensive experience in film and content marketing, as the new director of marketing for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Woodward takes over from Julia Howe.
The appointment was announced by senior vice president Daisy Veerasingham, who heads up the AP’s video business and to whom Woodward will report. Woodward will join the AP team in London, taking responsibility for driving the company’s international marketing strategy and increasing uptake of products and services in key markets. Communication strategy, product marketing and customer messaging will also fall within Woodward’s remit.
Prior to joining the AP, Woodward was a business strategy consultant working across a range of arts and entertainment clients. Previously, Woodward held a number of senior UK and international film industry roles, including head of home entertainment at Pathé; marketing director, feature films, at Universal Pictures; and international and European marketing manager at 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
“Rachel brings with her a wealth of experience at top media organizations and a proven track record in delivering success,” Veerasingham said. “Rachel’s senior marketing expertise at both European and international level makes her a huge asset to the business.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released