Engaging entrepreneurship week at QSTP
Doha, October 31, 2013
Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP) has unveiled two new events to engage and educate technology-focused entrepreneurs and enthusiasts during the Global Entrepreneurship Week in Qatar.
The Geocaching Challenge focuses on teamwork, problem-solving, creativity, risk and reward. It is an on-going, worldwide treasure hunt where people use GPS-enabled devices, such as smartphones, to find hidden ‘geocaches’ or containers and discover new places.
It will take place at the QSTP premises on November 15 and 16, where teams will jostle to locate caches stored around Doha and compete to find the final bonus cache on QSTP grounds.
Prizes will be awarded for cache finds. Friends, families, students, individuals and colleagues in Qatar are encouraged to form teams, register, and compete.
The Young Emerging Technology Innovators Speaker Session will bring young technology innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs from developing economies and emerging markets to speak and share knowledge with their counterparts in Qatar.
It will take place at the Qatar National Convention Center on November 18. Speakers will discuss with local entrepreneurs the challenges technology innovators face in emerging markets when building their ideas into a successful venture.
QSTP managing director Hamad Al-Kuwari said: “A critical piece of infrastructure in Qatar’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and Qatar’s primary incubator for technology development, QSTP is committed to supporting technology-focused innovators by investing in new programs, creating intellectual property, and enhancing technology management skills.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats