Abu Dhabi plans grand fireworks show
Abu Dhabi, October 20, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s fireworks programme for UAE National Day weekend has been expanded to make the celebrations more accessible for residents and visitors with 11 shows at six sites now planned throughout the emirate.
Some 63,410 shots in total will now be fired in specially-designed shows commissioned by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) from Spanish fireworks specialist PirotecniaIgual.
The company was behind this year’s 'Rio de Janeiro Revellion' show, which played to high media acclaim and was watched by a live audience of over two million and millions more via Brazilian TV.
“The highly acclaimed pyrotechnics artist and director Angel Gonzalez who was behind the Copacabana theatrical is designing this year’s Abu Dhabi shows and has promised a breathtaking spectacle which will include PirotecniaIgual’s proprietary Kamuro and Willow Golden Palm creations,” explained Faisal Al Sheikh, the director, Events Bureau, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“Angel is renowned in the pyrotechnics field for his signature style which has been behind some of the world’s most dramatic fireworks displays,” he added.
A 12- minute show will run at Abu Dhabi Corniche on December 1 and 2 at 9pm. “It will be visible to all on the Corniche stretch running from the Hiltonia to the public beach,” explained Al Sheikh.
On December 2, a three-minute show will bring to a close the National Day parade celebrations on Yas Island at 8pm. Three- minute shows will also be held on the first two days at Khor Al Maqta – in front of the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr hotel with firing at 8.30pm.
“This show will spread out across the water to be visible to people dining out at the restaurants of the hotels and the souk which flank the channel,” stated Al Sheikh.
In Abu Dhabi’s heritage heartland of Al Ain, 10 minute shows will run at 8.30pm on bothe the days at Hili Fun City, with entry to the park being free. “This will be a superb end to a day for those visiting the Al Ain Aerobatic Show which will run over the National Day weekend,” he added.
In the emirate’s western region of Al Gharbia, seven-minute shows will run at 8.30pm on December 1 and 2 in MadinatZayed and on Delma Island.
“The spread of the shows will bring the celebrations in reach of many more people and is part of a wider programme being planned to include parades, concerts and great entertainment,” said Al Sheikh.
“The blockbuster programme which will be rolled out in the coming week will ensure that Abu Dhabi is the place to be this National Day weekend when we invite everyone to join us as we celebrate the 42nd anniversary of our homeland,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps