Abu Dhabi Media to telecast F1 race
Abu Dubai, October 20, 2013
Abu Dhabi Media is set to broadcast live and exclusive coverage of the Abu Dhabi Formula 1 race via its sports network channels 2 and 6.
The three-day race, which starts on October 30, will take place on the Yas Marina Circuit. Fans will also have access to the highlights of various activities taking place throughout the race days, coverage of participants, champions and officials, and attending celebrities and atheletes.
The F1 coverage, to start on October 21, will include eight special programmes and documentaries along with three weekly shows from the network’s archives on the history of Formula 1 throughout the years as well as the biographies of prominent F1 drivers. The programmes will also showcase challenging moments and accidents that have happened in the past.
Mohamed Najeeb, head of Abu Dhabi Sports, said: "Abu Dhabi has become a global hub for hosting major international events, including Formula 1 which has garnered the attention of sporting fans all around the world, including interest from our viewers. We will ensure that we continue to offer up-to-date coverage to reflecting our commitment of broadcasting the events which matter most to fans it also allows us to showcase the efforts of the UAE in hosting and organising events of this calibre.”
Summaries and highlights from this year’s Formula 1 season, including snapshots of races from several circuits in major cities around the globe are also scheduled for broadcast.
The sports channels will also broadcast the JP 1, 2 and 3 competitions along with the Porsche Cup, all of which will take place three days prior to the main Formula 1 race, with commentary available in Arabic and English. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released