New e-sports channel set for launch
Dubai, October 13, 2013
Top private social network of sports business executives, iSportconnect, will launch its new online dedicated TV channel for the sports industry tomorrow (October 14).
The launch will be held at the Sportel Monaco event, with daily updates from the event and interviews with high profile guests, said a company statement.
It will feature a daily news programme from October 21 to keep viewers up to date with all the latest developments in the industry, a Friday round up show with expert analysis on the week's top stories and big interviews with top executives from inside sport, it stated.
The iSportconnect said the venture has won backing from Eurosport, the EU region's leading sports multi-media group, which has become its official title sponsor.
Reaching over 18 million sports fans everyday on TV and 5.5 million online, Eurosport is one of the biggest players in the sports media market and iSportconnect is delighted to have their support, said a top official.
Michael Cunnah, the chairman of iSportconnect, said: "Having Eurosport as our Official Title Sponsor is big news for iSportconnect TV. They have a fantastic foothold in the sports television sector and their support for iSportconnect TV makes me very proud."
"The enthusiasm they have shown for our new project has been first class and I am excited to be working with them," he noted.
Heather Bowler, the global communications director for Eurosport said: "Quality TV is at the heart of our offer and thanks to digital innovation our live sports content is accessible to sports fans anytime, anywhere. We're delighted to sponsor iSportconnect's new digital TV venture which makes relevant and insightful content accessible to sports industry leaders everywhere."
Commenting on the launch, Sree Varma, the CEO and founder of iSportconnect said: "It has been my dream to launch a dedicated TV channel for the sports industry and I am delighted this has come true. iSportconnect has continued to grow and develop at a truly staggering pace and the TV channel is testament to that."
iSportconnect TV's weekly round-up will be hosted by iSportconnect Chairman Michael Cunnah and editor-at-large Jay Stuart during the launch period. Michael and Jay will have expert guests each week to discuss the top stories from the industry that week, the official stated.
During the first week of the launch, iSportconnect will report from Sportel Monaco, bringing viewers all the latest news and interviews from the major event, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE