Mall of the Emirates installs 54-monitor video wall
Dubai, October 10, 2013
Mall of the Emirates, one of the largest in the Middle East, recently installed an immense 54-monitor digital signage video wall powered by Matrox Mura MPX Series controller boards.
Installed by Almoe AV Systems and integrated by a local distributor, the video wall comprises fifty-four 55" Samsung monitors to form an attention-grabbing installation with stunning visuals announcing activities and promotions in the 520-store mall, said a Matrox Graphics statement.
The combination of Mura MPX-4/2 and Mura MPX-4/0 boards that power the wall were installed in a Matrox-validated 4U system. The first PCI Express x16 Gen2 board class to cost-effectively integrate multiple HD inputs and outputs on the same board, Mura MPX eliminates the need for separate solutions with a multi-functional design facilitating video capture, signal conversion, switching, scaling, and display, said the statement.
Furthermore, Mura's universal input support and HDCP compliance enable administrators to showcase copy-protected content from a variety of sources including digital cable, satellite set-top boxes, video streamers, and the Blu-ray Disc™ player currently being used with the wall.
"Shoppers can't help but notice the video wall and enjoy all the massive, superior-quality visuals," said Gareth Armstrong, contracts manager for Almoe AV Systems. "Matrox Mura has provided the Mall of the Emirates with a huge boost to its digital signage as well as to the overall experience of going to the mall."
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. - Reuters
Tags: mall |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
- Many digital services in region ‘under-served’