Dubai Mall to host top fashion event
Dubai, October 6, 2013
A high-profile fashion event that will bring together emerging and established designers, celebrities, and industry leaders will be held in Dubai this week.
Organised by leading property developer Emaar Properties and Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Mrs Franca Sozzani, Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will organized at The Dubai Mall on October 10.
Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, has partnered with Emaar on the event as the ‘Official Airline’.
Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will also be marked by mall-wide sales across 250 participating outlets. The Grand Atrium of The Dubai Mall will host an exhibition featuring 50 Vogue covers that have earned a place in fashion history books.
The initiative’s holistic tribute to fashion will include an eco-sustainability showcase, highlighting the industry’s commitment to the environment, and a unique exhibition of iconic names including Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, and Dior, among others. Visitors will also have the opportunity to experience the ‘super model experience’ by customising the cover of Vogue Italia with their own portrait shot by a professional photographer.
The participating stores will showcase merchandise for sale created especially for Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience, with part of the proceeds from the sale going towards Dubai Cares, which works to improve children’s access to quality primary education in developing countries.
Nasser Rafi, chief executive officer, Emaar Malls Group, said: “Emirates has played a pivotal role in establishing Dubai as a centre of tourism, retail, and hospitality. The airline’s unstinting support for Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience underlines the importance of strategic partnerships to further elevate the city’s presence on the global circuit. We are privileged to have Emirates on board, and delegates can enjoy the multi-award winning carrier’s support from the moment they leave their countries.”
Majid Al Mualla, senior vice president, Gulf and Middle East, Emirates, said: “We partner with initiatives that further define Dubai’s status as a global city and one of the fastest growing business and tourism hubs. Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience brings an unprecedented celebration of fashion to the city, and we are delighted to extend the famed Emirates airline welcome to the celebrities and guests attending the event.”
The inaugural Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will feature the works of eight up-and-coming designers from the international and regional circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released