Focus on UAE's economic strength
Abu Dhabi , October 6, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi’s (NBAD) group chief executive officer will speak on the UAE’s position in the new global economy at a key forum in Abu Dhabi.
Alex Thursby will speak on “New Super Region: West-East Corridor. Opportunities for Abu Dhabi and UAE” at the UAE Global Investment Forum on October 8.
The sixth annual UAE Global Investment Forum will be inaugurated by a keynote speech by Nasser Ahmed Alsowaidi, the chairman of Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development, and chairman of NBAD.
Thursby will explain the UAE’s unique, strong and coveted position at the heart of a growing economic region spanning from Western Africa to East Asia. The West- East Corridor includes increasingly influential economies of Middle East and North Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and the Far East.
“The global trend is a move from a North-South world to a West-East World. UAE and Abu Dhabi sit in the middle of this emerging important super region,” says Thursby. “The UAE’s advantageous position is complemented by its robust fundamentals, such as vast energy resources, very strong ports and transportation industry and booming tourism and financial sector.”
Thursby continues: “UAE is ranked the 30th largest economy in the world. When we talk, for instance, about Hong Kong as a great economic, mercantile centre, we must consider that the UAE has a GDP that is 43 per cent higher than Hong Kong. So, UAE is bigger with some of the same strengths; and opportunities for the UAE and specifically Abu Dhabi through Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 are enormous.”
UAE Global Investment Forum brings together high-profile global investors, business leaders and financiers with Abu Dhabi’s key decision makers. The speakers and panel discussions will analyse many facets of markets and economies.
Chavan Bhogaita, the head of market strategy at NBAD’s Global Markets, will discuss in a panel Abu Dhabi’s changing role in global markets.
The forum will be held in Rosewood Hotel, Al Maria Island. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest