Digital signage market to hit $13bn
Dubai, October 3, 2013
The global digital signage systems market is expected to reach $13.8 billion by 2017, according to a Global Industry Analysts report.
SGI Dubai 2014, an established 16-year old show for signage experts, is set to create a dedicated pavilion for the digital signage industry.
The show will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from January 7 to 9 and will include seminars and workshops conducted by industry experts.
Digital signs are a form of electronic display that shows menus, information, advertising and other dynamic messages. LCD, LED or projected images can be found in public and private environments, such as retail stores, hotels, restaurants and corporate buildings.
“The industry is definitely growing. UAE is poised to become a large hub for the digital signage market due to the exponential growth that the country is witnessing. Digital Signage is definitely an integral part of the retail ecosystem and will surely revolutionise the industry,” said Abdul Rahman Falaknaz, chairman of organisers International Expo Consults.
"The market sees digital signage as a more beneficial tool compared to static signage because content can frequently be updated digitally, saving the cost of printing," said Sharif Rahman, CEO.
“Digital signage will no more be just an option but a vital tool within the marketing mix as the industry unveils innovative offerings. We have received tremendous response from the digital signage manufacturers and we anticipate a large gathering from across the globe at SGI Dubai 2014,” added Rahman. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps