Bahrain sees big expo sector growth
Manama, October 1, 2013
The total number of booked exhibitions, conferences and events in Bahrain is expected to increase by around 10 per cent this year compared to 2012, said a report, citing top government officials.
The growth of Bahrain's exhibitions and conventions industry was reviewed by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday.
Dr Fakhro vowed government support to this vital sector as he chaired the board meeting of Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (Beca) at the ministry's offices, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The board reviewed latest financial and operational developments, as well as plans and programmes of the authority for 2013 - 2014. They also discussed the status of the Expo City Project.
Beca executive management made a presentation highlighting positive growth in terms of expected financials and events calendar at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Amongst major bookings for the fourth quarter of 2013 include the 20th Al Ayam Book Fair and Middle East Process Engineering Conference and Exhibition, which is being held for the first time at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre and expected to attract 150 international exhibitors and companies from 36 countries and major visitors and conference delegates.
The other major events include Bahrain Housing Conference and Exhibition, Abaya Exhibition, The Bahrain - India Exhibition organised by Gulf and East World, to be held for the first time at the centre from October 22 to 24; 11th Career Expo, Invest in Bahrain Forum and Exhibition, organised by Industry and Commerce Ministry (October 30); the 22nd Jewellery Arabia organised by Arabian Exhibition Management (November 19 to 13); Bahrain International Design Week, Bahrain Information Technology Exhibition, to be launched for the first time at the centre, the second Meet ICT Bahrain organised by WorkSmart for Events Management (December 10 to 12) and the first Bahrain Retail Fair.
The board noted the status and progress of various investment projects aimed at enhancing the centre's facilities.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections