New gaming console to unveil at Dubai show
Dubai, September 26, 2013
Ouya, a new gaming console for the television, is set to be released at a regional video game show, starting today.
The three-day Gaming Alliance Middle East (Games13) is being held at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
The new console is being launched through its distributor ‘Newtek,’ at the online shopping portal letstango.com’s stand. It will be available through the portal and also at Virgin Megastores, said a statement.
According to recent reports, the Middle East gaming market is forecasted to reach $1 billion in total sales revenues soon. The predicted revenue covers both software and hardware sales.
Industry analysts are also predicting a 10 per cent year-on-year (YoY) growth over the next few years.
Gamers will now have access to 440 developed games which can be downloaded through Discover, Ouya’s online store front. All games are initially offered free-to-try so gamers can test the game out before purchasing.
The console is built on an open operating system with a custom interface and features an NVIDIA Tegra-3 Quad Core CPU.
Games13 will be showcasing the biggest names in video games. It includes activities like previews of upcoming video games via interactive stands where visitors can play trial versions; a cosplay competition and a merchandising exhibition featuring collector products and memorabilia from today’s popular games. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps