New gaming console to unveil at Dubai show
Dubai, September 26, 2013
Ouya, a new gaming console for the television, is set to be released at a regional video game show, starting today.
The three-day Gaming Alliance Middle East (Games13) is being held at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
The new console is being launched through its distributor ‘Newtek,’ at the online shopping portal letstango.com’s stand. It will be available through the portal and also at Virgin Megastores, said a statement.
According to recent reports, the Middle East gaming market is forecasted to reach $1 billion in total sales revenues soon. The predicted revenue covers both software and hardware sales.
Industry analysts are also predicting a 10 per cent year-on-year (YoY) growth over the next few years.
Gamers will now have access to 440 developed games which can be downloaded through Discover, Ouya’s online store front. All games are initially offered free-to-try so gamers can test the game out before purchasing.
The console is built on an open operating system with a custom interface and features an NVIDIA Tegra-3 Quad Core CPU.
Games13 will be showcasing the biggest names in video games. It includes activities like previews of upcoming video games via interactive stands where visitors can play trial versions; a cosplay competition and a merchandising exhibition featuring collector products and memorabilia from today’s popular games. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut