Bahrain film in search for child actors
Manama, September 22, 2013
A search for young talent for a leading role in an upcoming Bahrain-based feature film has begun, said the director.
With schools and talent centres being approached, director Mohammed Rashed Buali is searching for a girl between the ages of 8 and 14 who would be interested in playing the role, said a statement.
Produced by Nooran Pictures and the Information Affairs Authority (IAA), 'The Sleeping Tree' was written by Fareed Ramadan and will be directed by Mohammed Rashed Buali.
The storyline revolves around a family’s sense of tragedy and reflects on the links between Bahraini heritage and cultural beliefs and activities.
Describing his search, Buali said: "The story of the daughter of a Bahraini couple is the central element in the film and as a result, I’m on the lookout for a capable young girl who would like to try this unique experience in front of the cameras."
“We’re putting together the cast and crew at the moment, all of whom will have had experience working with, and supporting child actors,” he added.
Set within the environs of a contemporary Bahraini home, The Sleeping Tree reveals the tensions within a family broken by their daughter’s illness. Yet, just when the parents have despaired of all hope, a series of coincidences leading to the local landmark, the Tree of Life, rebuild the couple’s faith in life and change. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut