Bahrain film in search for child actors
Manama, September 22, 2013
A search for young talent for a leading role in an upcoming Bahrain-based feature film has begun, said the director.
With schools and talent centres being approached, director Mohammed Rashed Buali is searching for a girl between the ages of 8 and 14 who would be interested in playing the role, said a statement.
Produced by Nooran Pictures and the Information Affairs Authority (IAA), 'The Sleeping Tree' was written by Fareed Ramadan and will be directed by Mohammed Rashed Buali.
The storyline revolves around a family’s sense of tragedy and reflects on the links between Bahraini heritage and cultural beliefs and activities.
Describing his search, Buali said: "The story of the daughter of a Bahraini couple is the central element in the film and as a result, I’m on the lookout for a capable young girl who would like to try this unique experience in front of the cameras."
“We’re putting together the cast and crew at the moment, all of whom will have had experience working with, and supporting child actors,” he added.
Set within the environs of a contemporary Bahraini home, The Sleeping Tree reveals the tensions within a family broken by their daughter’s illness. Yet, just when the parents have despaired of all hope, a series of coincidences leading to the local landmark, the Tree of Life, rebuild the couple’s faith in life and change. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders