'Pearls in Arabian Gulf' opens in Moscow
Manama, September 18, 2013
Bahrain Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa launched an exhibition 'Pearls in the Arabian Gulf' at the All-Russian Museum of Decorative, Applied and Folk Arts in Moscow.
The expo is in line with Manama being named Capital of Arab Tourism 2013 and celebrates 'Leisure Tourism' and 'Intraregional Tourism', considered the first co-operation agreement between Bahrain and Russia.
During a Press conference, Shaikha Mai expressed her delight at such co-operation which represented an exchange of the nations' heritage. She also asserted that the agreement includes organising three exhibitions between Bahrain and Russia.
A second exhibition 'Modern Bahraini Art' was opened last night, promoting the human and historical aspects of art, and tells Bahrain's pearl diving history and the life of the sailors.
The exhibition also highlights the achievements of modern decorative and artistic movement in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider