Batelco Smart Box launches Jazeera Sports
Manama, September 17, 2013
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications services provider Batelco has announced the launch of Jazeera Sports on BatelcoPlay with its new HD Smart Box.
With the introduction of this innovative service, Batelco customers will have access to Pay TV Jazeera Sports via internet as well as unlimited channels through satellite through the same box and will be able to enjoy world sports events on their TV in HD quality.
Batelco’s hybrid HD Smart Box, which is capable of hosting many Pay TV providers, also features full HD, internet applications (radio/social networking sites/Youtube etc), ready PVR (Record on External device), wireless connection option, language options, preloaded channels (Arabsat/Nilesat) and advanced TV guide.
“The launch of this service is good news for sports enthusiasts who want to be the first to know about the world’s latest sports news and events,” said Batelco Group GM Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi.
“Our partnership with Al Jazeera Sports & Selevision is part of our continued efforts to deliver our commitment to provide our customers with the latest and most innovative entertainment services that make a difference to their lifestyle,” stated Al Janahi.
"In line with our strategy to enable all customers to enjoy a wider range of services that meet their various needs and requirements, Batelco is offering Al Jazeera Sports on its HD Smart Box at a very competitive price.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released