Dubai Autodrome announces race dates
Dubai, September 15, 2013
Dubai Autodrome Motorsport Club (DAMC) has announced dates for the 2013-14 motor racing seasons which includes eight UAE National Championship rounds and the international Dunlop 24 Hours.
The first race of the season at the Motorcity venue is on November 8, featuring UAE Sportbike Championship and NGK Racing Series races, with the season finale scheduled for April 11, said a statement.
The NGK Racing Series is open to several classes which encompass GT cars and touring cars, including the highly competitive UAE Clio Cup series.
Also visiting the circuit during the course of the season will be Formula Gulf 1000 championship for young up and coming drivers, the Radical Middle East Series featuring a mix of pro-am drivers in high speed Le Mans style cars and the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East.
One of the highlights of the local racing season will be the now traditional Dubai Motorsport Festival which will take place on February 14 and 15.
For the forthcoming season there will be two rounds featuring endurance races of two hours each, the first on November 22 and another on March 21.
Another highlight will be the ninth edition of Dunlop 24 Hours of Dubai which is expected to attract over 90 top endurance race teams and over 300 drivers from around the world.
General manager Richard Birch said: "We are happy to announce the race dates at our venue and once again are braced and well prepared for what should be an interesting season of local motorsport. The Dunlop 24 Hours of Dubai will of course be one of the main highlights, but at the same time we believe the local motor racing fraternity is well served." - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park